EMERGENCY HIRE ARCHAEOLOGICAL CREW CHIEF/PRINCIPLE INVESTIGATOR - BLM NEVADA ELKO DISTRICT
In response to abnormally late season fires the BLM Nevada Elko District seeks to hire up to 2 archaeological crew chiefs (GS-9/11). All applicants must meet Department of Interior Office of Personnel Management (OPM) standards for job series 0193 (Archaeologist) and the grade (GS-9 or GS-11) for which they are applying. Please submit vita and three references (include contact phone number and email addresses for references) to email@example.com jill_jensen - at - blm.gov by COB 10-31-2011.
Crew Chiefs will be held responsible for:
* Ensuring that all field inventory conforms to the current BLM Nevada Guidelines and Standards for Archaeological Inventory and the current Nevada SHPO â•„ BLM Protocol Agreement
* Oversight and instruction of archaeological technicians concerning all manner of site recordation protocol and survey protocol
* Background literature searches for each project area prior to commencing field work
* Complete report writing for all field inventories.
* Inventory and report writing must be completed within 60 days of hire, therefore it is incumbent upon the crew chief to make the decision when field work must cease so that the report will be finished on time.
Field work must be completed within a 30 day window, therefore:
* the applicants should be in good physical condition and capable of walking 10-15 miles per day over rough terrain carrying a pack containing items needed for performance of field work and personal subsistence and comfort
* camping on-project may be requiredâ•œapplicants should anticipate camping in tents (equipment and per diem will be provided)
* overtime will be requiredâ•œapplicants should anticipate 12 hour work days with a â•˛10 on/4 offâ•ˇ schedule
Applicants should be aware of the following field conditions:
* The Elko District is considered â•˛high desertâ•ˇ, days can be quite warm and nights quite cold (e.g. typical forecast for this week is a high of 60 and a low of 25)
* The project area consists of severely burned areas. Dust storms and sooty conditions are prevalent, and severe dust storms commonly result in zero visibility
* GS -9 wages: $22.74/hr (regular); $34.11/hr (overtime)
* GS-11 wages: $27.51/hr (regular); $37.56/hr(overtime)
Per diem details:
* Per diem not provided if basing out of Elko
* Per diem not provided on days off
* Government housing may be available
* Camping per diem rate: $34
* Hotel per diem rate: $77 lodging, $46 M&E (M&E pro-rated for first and last days)
Duration of Position:
These positions are expected to last at least 30 but no more than 60 days.
For questions or further information please contact: Jill Jensen at 775-753-0378 or firstname.lastname@example.org jill_jensen - at - blm.gov
***Please post or forward the following attachment to colleagues***
---ShovelBums.org - 2nd only to the trowel---
15,000+ of your peers can't be wrong. Find out more at:
The most important aspect of this list is that it is for one purpose only.: announcing jobs/non paying volunteer postings in the international CRM field at all levels; Field Tech, Professors, SHPO�s, etc... Caveat Emptor though my friends. Not all jobs pay the same, nor is their treatment of employees the same - as the companies are checking your references, you should also check them out - make sure they pay fair wages, treat their employees professionally, and do quality work. If you have at least a BA you deserve fair remuneration, so ask for it, and in turn you provide your employer with excellent service. You ARE a trained professional, NOT a "shovelbum" - the name is in jest - act professional, expect to be treated like one.
Join/change settings @
Unsubscribe send a blank e-mail to:
R. Joe Brandon - Founder
----- Useful CRM employment links -----
http://www.acra-crm.org/ Join acra-L the best mailing list a CRM professional can be on.
http://www.swanet.org/jobs.html SouthWest US work resource links.
http://www.archaeology.about.com all things archaeology.
http://www.geocities.com/underwaterarchaeologyjobs/ Underwater archaeology job updates
ShovelBums hiring rule #1. Always call 2-3 references before taking on a crew member!
<a Href=http://www.ShovelBums.org/join.html"> www.ShovelBums.org </a>
Shovel Bum & Shovel Bums are Trademarks of ShovelBums.org 1999-2004