Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[phono-tx] Re: how phono processes are "listed"

 

I'm afraid, as with so many things, there is no one definitive list! Different researchers have drawn up different lists.

Martin J Ball

--- In phonologicaltherapy@yahoogroups.com, dvrosie@... wrote:
>
>
> In previous emails I have that the Easy Does It books are the words used
> most for phonology so I have that book but I also have SPARC for phonology
> and I"m confused why the processes are named so differently, for instance
> "Consonant Singletons" in EDI, but that label doesn't show up in SPARC, there
> are initial and final consonant deletion (not in EDI); SPARC lists
> alveolars, but not in EDI. I have an article I printed I believe thru this site
> that lists Primary Patterns and it has seven that are also some different; The
> Giant Book of Phonology from SUper Duper has yet another way of
> categorizing. So..........is there any one DEFINITIVE way of grouping these? Hodson
> categorzies just a little differently also. Maybe there is no "right" way,
> but just thought I'd check. THANKS
> Carly
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
POSTS TO THE PHONOLOGICALTHERAPY (phono-tx) LIST ARE PRIVILEGED
Please do not forward, or publish, or distribute in ANY way,
posts to this electronic mailing list without the author's permission in writing.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment