Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[phono-tx] Re:all about speech homework

 

Hi Group,
I'm an SLP whose younger brother was diagnosed with 'mild verbal dyspraxia' in the early-mid 90s(in quote marks because that was the terminology used in the report)As such, he had quite a few years of intensive therapy between the ages of 2-6. I thought I'd ask my mum to answer some of the questions, so here are her responses:

Erin, I think mostly we attempted our "homework" when he was not tired . This was most important.

I tried to make it fun or relevant. We tried to explain what we were going to do.

We made sure the session was not to long or tedious. We stopped doing the exercise if he became frustrated or tired of attempting the activity then tried again another day ,sometimes trying another method.

When we made progress he was happy. I think he liked the therapy time because he saw it as a fun activity.
Most of all we stopped when or if he became frustrated .

I sometimes would promise doing something "special" after some good effort.
It might have just been something like a trip to park, or playing with leggo together.

Homework might not have been every day,but I tried to make it a regular thing. That was the way we saw progress I think.

That's about all I can remember.I think we were lucky Nick seemed to enjoy it for the most part.

I hope that's helpful information!
Cheers,
Erin

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
POSTS TO THE PHONOLOGICALTHERAPY (phono-tx) LIST ARE PRIVILEGED
Please do not forward, or publish, or distribute in ANY way,
posts to this electronic mailing list without the author's permission in writing.

MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment