Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

RE: [phono-tx] RATING OF PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERS

 

Peter, this is exactly the reason I posted my original question in the first instance:
Q - How does one best measure/rate phonological delays/disorders?

"I do think trying to tease out the difference is important because it leads to different treatments. With articulatory problems I might use either conventional articulatory therapy or perhaps Miccio's stimulablity therapy. With phonological problems I would use some type of contrast therapy (e.g., minimal contrast, maximal contrast, multiple oppositions). With perceptual problems (yes I believe that some children with SSD may have perceptually based problems) I would use some type of auditory training."

In various texts, where there are descriptions for the various forms of contrastive therapies and others, it is sometimes stated that this form of therapy is more suited for moderate to severe phon disorders etc.

So, my original question was posted with this in mind.

Since we have come a bit of a way since then, can I clarify that there appears to gold standard for rating severity of phonological disorders, and that the use of PCC and clinical judgment seems to be used in some circumstances for the same?

Thank you for pointing me towards your decision tree document, and thank you for the link Caroline. It looks like a very useful tool, and one that I will certainly be using in practice in the future.

Regards

RACHAEL

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
POSTS TO THE PHONOLOGICALTHERAPY (phono-tx) LIST ARE PRIVILEGED
Please do not forward, or publish, or distribute in ANY way,
posts to this electronic mailing list without the author's permission in writing.

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment