Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[phono-tx] All about speech homework

 

Dear Caroline and Group,

I stress the importance of home practice to the parents and other
family members of the children I see with speech and language
disorders. My aim is to give the child and family something to do
that is fun and that can be achieved. This varies from from family
to family, but one thing that I find is very helpful and fits into
the time constraints of family life is teaching parents to use story
reading time for speech homework. Story reading is something that
most families I see make time for, so I teach them to use this time
for auditory bombardment, focussed stimulation, or giving the child a
word or phrase to say in the story based on the sounds being worked
on in therapy. In addition to the home practice aspect, the children
are learning to love books and reading.

I have a large library of children's books which I lend to children
and I'm always on the lookout for books which I can use in therapy.
"Llama Llama Red Pajama" and "Llama Llama Mad at Mama" by Anna
Dewdney went home with a child today for home practice of words
beginning with /l/.

Bronwyn Parry-Fielder

__._,_.___
POSTS TO THE PHONOLOGICALTHERAPY (phono-tx) LIST ARE PRIVILEGED
Please do not forward, or publish, or distribute in ANY way,
posts to this electronic mailing list without the author's permission in writing.

MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment