Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

RE: [phono-tx] RATING OF PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERS

 

Rachel,

The document I was referring to is:

"Guidelines for the roles and responsibilities of the school-based speech-language pathologist."

But I have only a paper copy of the 1999 version. This has been replaced by a 2010 version that is very different. In the 1999 version there was an Appendix G that showed the severity scale. But this is not part of the 2010 document and despite searching extensively it appears that they have deleted the old version. So I can't point you to a link. Sorry.

I'm not surprised that they have deleted the scale. As I mentioned there is no gold standard for assigning severity and the scale in the 1999 document was only "suggested" and only reflected the opinion of the expert panel.

- Peter Flipsen Jr

-----Original Message-----
From: Rachael Unicomb [mailto:rachev2003@bigpond.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:44 PM
To: Peter Flipsen Jr
Subject: Re: [phono-tx] RATING OF PHONOLOGICAL DISORDERS

Great Peter, I look forward to reading the ASHA severity guidelines if you can dig them out.
Excuse any of my incorrect terminology, I am a recent graduate and very much still learning.
Having read Caroline's latest text, I am aware that there is a lean towards using the term "speech sound disorder" to encompass both artic and phono. I guess I have been taught to distinguish artic from phono in that articulation is more on a motoric level and phono is more a cognitive/linguistic area.

Rachael

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
POSTS TO THE PHONOLOGICALTHERAPY (phono-tx) LIST ARE PRIVILEGED
Please do not forward, or publish, or distribute in ANY way,
posts to this electronic mailing list without the author's permission in writing.

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment